Friday 7 October 2011

Week 2 Blogger Challenge: HEALTH

What is health?

For me (Sarah) I think that health would be when I can walk up one flight of stairs without puffing and my heart rate jumping straight up to 150!

Health is an interesting issue. I have had a low immune system for many years, and I am finally in the place where I am NOT catching every little bug that goes around (no flu for me this year, just one little cold!). In previous years I would catch absolutely everything and it sucked. I think it definitely shows that my clean eating and exercising has helped my level of health.

What do you think Bernie????

Health has been on my mind for some time. Most recently, when embarking on this 12WBT journey. I've been thinking about how good I feel when I work out. How I can sleep at night again, wake feeling refreshed and have energy to work the day and exercise some more. I feel stronger, my movement is more fluid, and I am beginning to feel more comfortable in my skin. 

It has taken me a long, long time to get to this point. When I was younger, I wanted to be slim and look cute in clothes. It was more about being attractive (it's sad to say, but i'm sure many of us have been there), but now - particularly after a horrific car accident which has left me with a sore back - it is more about feeling good. I am being careful with everything I put into my body. I want to fuel it with healthy food, snack to keep my metabolism going (not for the hell of it), and I want to feel GOOD!

And good health is not a 3 month fix... it is a life journey. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment